Made for frigid water: 38-49º F/3-9º C.
You’ll find a feast of left-handed barrels, but charging Irish storm surf asks for serious commitment and equally serious warmth. Made from durable 3mm and 5mm neoprene, the R4® Split Toe Booties keep the winter cold at bay until it’s time to head in for dinner and a pint. Lined with hydrophobic, fast-drying low-pile recycled polyester micro-grid, they feature a split toe and heel lock for maximum dexterity; the split toe is externally wrapped for added warmth, and an asymmetrical wrap construction holds close to the foot for a secure fit. Fine-grip rubber soles provide increased traction and performance, and a reinforced rubber wrap on the outside and arch protects your feet. Z-Strap closure locks the foot in place for extra support; a PU-laminated cuff tab and a pull ring at the heel make them easy to get on and off. 3mm bootie cuff reduces hydraulic lift around the ankle, and seams are internally taped to prevent leaks.
Patagonia recommends ordering one size below normal shoe size to ensure proper fit.
– Asymmetrical wrap construction conforms to foot for a snug fit
– Split toe is externally wrapped for added warmth; rubber wrap reinforcement on outside of bootie and arch protect feet
– PU-laminated tab on bootie cuff and pull ring on heel for easy on/off
– Z-Strap closure locks foot in place for extra support
– 3mm bootie cuff reduces hydraulic lift around ankle
– Fine-grip rubber soles provide traction
– Seams are internally taped to prevent leakage
– 3mm and 5mm neoprene lined with hydrophobic low-pile, micro-grid recycled polyester
– 430 g (15.2 oz)
– Made in Thailand.
Patagonia grew out of a small company that made tools for climbers. Alpinism remains at the heart of a worldwide business that still makes clothes for climbing as well as for skiing, snowboarding, surfing, fly fishing, paddling and trail running. These are all silent sports. None requires a motor; none delivers the cheers of a crowd. In each sport, reward comes in the form of hard-won grace and moments of connection between us and nature.